Nephrology and Hemodialysis
The Department is headed by a senior internist/nephrologist who is also supervising the hemodialysis unit. The activities cover the following areas:
- Diagnosis, treatment, and follow up of both out- patients and in-patients with different kidney and urinary tract conditions.
- Hemodialysis on patients with renal failure.
- The unit has 10 hemodialysis machines that function in conformity with the International Society of Nephrology Standards.
- The Department has an extra hemodialysis in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Dementia and neuromuscular disorders